Avocado Spaghetti Recipe
I read the other day that avocado is the only food that you could live off alone. It’s full of essential fats and can be put to use in a surprising number of recipes.
I like my avocados straight up, as guacamole or smeared on toast topped with a poached egg. I’m fairly adventurous in the kitchen but never thought avocado and pasta would work, but after reading a few recipes online I thought it was worth giving a go.
For a deliciously decadent pasta dish try this simple recipe for avocado spaghetti:
Ingredients (for one – double or quadruple up for more)
1 clove of garlic
- Boil up your water and place the spaghetti in the pan
- While your spaghetti is cooking, peel and remove the stone in the avocado
- Place the garlic and avocado in a blender with a glug of olive oil and blend until mostly smooth
- Once spaghetti is cooked, drain, reserving a small amount of cooking water
- Put the spaghetti back in the pan, place the avocado mix on top and gently mix it in. Add a small amount of cooking water if necessary
- Place in bowl and grind some black pepper on top
Enjoy with a glass of chilled white wine or elderflower cordial.
Let me know if you make it and tell me what you think!